The Thule Upslope 35L Removable Airbag 3.0 comes ready. Simplify your tours with easy access to gear and the flexibility to add the Mammut Removable Airbag 3.0 for increased safety. This is the bag ONLY. The Thule Upslope 35L Removable Airbag 3.0 can be combined with the Mammut Refillable Cartridge and Mammut Pro Removable Airbag System to make a full backcountry airbag system.
Thule Upslope 35L Backpack Review
The Thule Upslope 35L backpack is designed for versatility and functionality. Everything is super accessible with plenty of extra pockets, but not so much that it's gonna be confusing for you. It’s built with comfort in mind.
Airbag Storage Compartment
You can put an airbag into this backpack, although it’s important to note that it doesn’t come with one.
The Thule Upslope 35L backpack has a great blow zipper: everything is colour coded in the top, so when you're going to hook them in – especially with the Mammut ones – you can't mix it up and end up putting the airbag in backwards or anything.
Front Storage Compartments
There are two separate pockets in the front that are easily accessible for things that you're gonna be using later on. This prevents you from having to stop and fully dig down to the bottom of the bag.
Another really big feature for this bag is that you can carry either the board just fully put together or have it broken up into the ski formation, it’s really easy to have either really accessible.
Board and Ski Carry Straps
The Thule Uplope 35L backpack has little pullout straps so you can tuck them away when you're not using them or you can hook them in to one of the many spots on the sides so you can really customize it to your specific board.
It is super customizable with all these little hidden pieces that aren't gonna get in your way when you don't need them, which really help make the Thule Upslope 35L your bag.
Waist Belt Storage
One standout feature of this backpack are the wing pockets around the waist. These fit a full set of skins so you don’t have to take your pack off for transitions. You can actually also fit a full 1L Nalgene water bottle in them.
You can easily carry a helmet on the outside of your bag using the integrated harness so it’s not taking up room inside.
Shoulder Straps Features
There’s a whistle built into the buckle. One strap sleeve is insulated, so if you’re carrying a CamelBak or other water bladder you don’t have to worry as much about it freezing up.
On the other shoulder strap, which is meant for the rip cord on your airbag, there are three different settings/height placements in there.
So you can hook you rip cord in depending on how low you want it to sit on the shoulder, to ensure it’s in the right spot where you're gonna want to grab it every single time.
This backpack is 35 liters, which is a great size for backcountry stuff – not too big that you're taking a whole lot with you, but just enough that you can fit everything you need in your pack.
Thule Upslope 35L Backpack Summary
This backpack is a great option for all-around days touring in the backcountry, with well thought-out features that bring enhanced functionality and improve performance to minimize downtime and ensure you get to everything you need in time-sensitive situations.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, or visit us in store!
Lime Punch, Blackest Blue
|41 x 31 x 54 cm
- Airbag ready pack can be used with or without the Mammut Removable Airbag 3.0 system for ultimate flexibility (Mammut Removable Airbag 3.0 system and cartridge sold separately*)
- On-the-go access and storage for water bottles, skins, gloves and large items in roomy side pockets
- Incredibly comfortable and stable ride from side pockets that wrap around and hug the body
- Easily access gear in the bottom of your pack and keep your backpanel snow free with backpanel access to the main compartment.
- Keep goggles, sunscreen and accessories close in spacious top pocket
- Store helmet on the bottom of the pack for easy retrieval or on the front of pack for a classic carry
- Keep snow safety tools separated from dry gear using dedicated front compartment
- Securely attach skis with diagonal carry or a snowboard with vertical carry
- Fit a variety of ski and board widths with adjustable carry loop that also stows to prevent snagging
- Stay hydrated and help prevent hose freeze with an insulated hydration sleeve (hydration reservoir sold separately)